Diagnostic Imaging Resources
- Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography (JASE) — available in print through LU Library
The official publication of the American Society of Echocardiography – brings physicians and sonographers the very latest clinical, scientific, legal, and economic information regarding the use of cardiac ultrasound.
- Journal of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (JDMS) — available online through LU Library
The Journal of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (JDMS) ensures you don’t skip a beat by presenting the latest diagnostic techniques and interpretation methods, case reports, research applications, and the newest hardware/software technologies and equipment in a variety of specialty areas, including abdominal, breast, echocardiography, neurosonology, Ob/Gyn, and vascular sonography.
- Journal of Vascular Ultrasound (JVU) — available in print at LU Library
The Journal for Vascular Ultrasound (JVU) is the official journal of the Society for Vascular Ultrasound. It consists of original scientific and educational articles, case studies, book reviews, technical reviews, ultrasound principle reviews, viewpoints, letters to the editor, and CME tests. Regular reading of JVU, published quarterly, will keep you current in your field and provide essential information that can be applied in your practice.
These online resources will help throughout your program & career:
- American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS): www.ardms.org
- American Society of Echocardiography (ASE): http://asecho.org
A professional organization of physicians, cardiovascular sonographers, nurses and scientists involved in echocardiography, the use of ultrasound to image the heart and cardiovascular system. The organization was founded in 1975 and is the largest international organization for cardiac imaging.
- CardioVillage: www.cardiovillage.com/
- Diagnostic Imaging: www.diagnosticimaging.com/ultrasound
- Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute (GCUS):www.gcus.com
- Institute for Advanced Medical Education (IAME): www.iame.com
- ObGyn.net: www.obgyn.net
- Society for Vascular Ultrasound (SVU): www.svunet.org
- Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (SDMS): www.sdms.org
- SonoWorld: www.Sonoworld.com
- Transcranial Doppler: www.transcranial.com/
- Ultrasound Cases: www.ultrasoundcases.info
Do I have access to any e-books?
Yes. As a LU student, you can access over 150,000 e-books on a variety of subjects, including ones relevant to your area of study. To access the e-book database—called “Ebook Central”:
(1) Go to the library web page: http://www.lincolnuca.edu/library/index;
(2) Select the link to “Ebook Central” in the list of electronic resources;
(3) If off campus, enter the required login/password. (If you need help, contact LU Library)
Attached (see Appendix #3) you will also find a page of a few recommended e-books. You can login to Ebooks Central and add these to your own virtual bookshelf!
Is the book I need at UCSF? UC Berkeley? Or, another nearby library?
Some titles you are searching for may be available at larger universities in the Bay Area. To find out if a nearby institution has the book you are looking for, search the online catalog WorldCat: https://www.worldcat.org. Find the library policy to see if you are allowed on-campus access to the item(s). Alternatively, you can request to borrow the item(s) through LU Library’s InternLibrary Loan (ILL) Program.
How can I borrow books and articles from other libraries via InterLibrary Loan (ILL)?
Yes, as an LU student, you can request to borrow a book through the Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Program. To do this, visit LU Library and fill out an ILL Request Form (or email us your request). LU Library will then try to borrow the item from another library. Book loans are usually 2-4 weeks, and please also allow time for processing and shipping. In some cases, books may be recalled early by the lending institution. Articles may be emailed to you within 3 days, and often on the same day of your request.
- Vascular Technology: An Illustrated Review, 5th edition. 2015. Rumwell, C. and McPharlin, M. Published by Davies Pub, ISBN 978-0941022859. (LU has one RESERVE copy for 2-hour checkout)
- Diagnostic Ultrasound. 4th edition, 2-Vol. Set. 2011. Rumack, Wilson, Charboneau and Levine. ISBN: 978-0323463416. (LU has two RESERVE copy for 2-hour checkout)
- Appleton & Lange Review for the Ultrasonography Examination. Krebs et. al. Published by McGraw-Hill Professional, 2004; ISBN 0071365168, 9780071365161
(LU has 1 RESERVE copy for 2-hour checkout)
- Peripheral Vascular Ultrasound: How, why and when. Abigail Thrush, Timothy Hartshorne. Published by Churchill Livingstone, 1999. ISBN 0443060495, 9780443060496
- Ultrasound Atlas of Vascular Diseases. Carol Krebs, Vishan L. Giyanani, Ronald L. Eisenberg. Published by Appleton & Lange, 1999. ISBN 0838592449, 9780838592441.
- Clinical Doppler Ultrasound. Paul L. P. Allan, W. Norman McDicken, Paul A. Dubbins, Myron A. Pozniak. Contributor Paul L. P. Allan. Published by Churchill Livingstone Elsevier, 2006. ISBN 0443101167, 9780443101168. http://www.amazon.com/Clinical-Doppler-Ultrasound-CD-ROM-Allan/dp/0443101167/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1284674440&sr=1-1
(LU has for 7-day checkout)
- Peripheral Vascular Sonography: A Practical Guide. Joseph F. Polak, Joseph P. Polak. Published by Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2004. ISBN 0781748712, 9780781748711.
(LU has for 7-day check-out)
- Vascular Ultrasound of the Neck: An Interpretive Atlas. Antonio Alayon, William M. McKinney, William M. Williams, Published by Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2001 (ISBN 0781725348, 9780781725347)
(LU has for 7-day check-out)
- Essentials of Vascular Laboratory Diagnosis. Emile R. Mohler, Marie Gerhard-Herman, Michael R. Jaff. Published by Blackwell Publishing, 2005. ISBN 1405122153, 9781405122153
( LU has CD-ROM for 7-day check-out)
- Vascular Diagnosis with Ultrasound: Clinical Reference with Case Studies. Doris Neuerburg-Heusler. Published by Thieme, 2006. ISBN 3131038322, 9783131038326
- General and Vascular Ultrasound: Case Review. William D. Middleton. Published by Mosby, 2001. ISBN 0323007368, 9780323007368
(LU Library for 3-week checkout)
Ultrasound Principles & Protocols
- Ultrasound Scanning: Principles & Protocols, by Betty Bates Tempkin, 3rd edition. ISBN-10: 0721606369 ; ISBN-13: 978-0721606361
(LU Library has 1 RESERVE copy of 3rd edition for 2-hour checkout and 1 copy of 2nd edition for 7-day checkout)
- Ultrasonography: introduction to normal structure and function, 2nd ed. ed. By Curry and Tempkin (2004)
(LU Library has 1 RESERVE copy for 2-hour checkout)
- Appleton & Lange Review for the Ultrasonography Examination (Appleton & Lange Review Book Series) by Carol A. Krebs, Charles S. Odwin, Arthur C. Fleischer, 3 edition (2004)
(LU Library has 1 RESERVE copy for 2-hour checkout)
Abdomen & Small Parts
- Abdomen and Superficial Structures (Diagnostic Medical Sonography series), 3rd edition. Kawamura, D. M. 2012. Lippencott Williams. ISBN 978-10605479958. (LU Library has two RESERVE copies for 2-hour checkout)
- Abdominal Sonography Review: a review for the ARDMS abdomen specialty exam. Owen, C.A. and Grant, E.G. 2010. Davies Pub. ISBN: 978-0941022460. (LU Library has one copy for 7-day loan)
- Abdominal sonography : an interactive Q&A review for the ARDMS Specialty Exam (CD-ROM). Owen, C.A. and Grant, E.G. 2010. Davies Pub. (LU Library has one copy for 7-day loan)
Electronic Books in “Ebooks Central” database
Ødegaard, Svein Gilja, Odd Helge Gregersen, H.
Publisher: World Scientific Publishing Company, Incorporated
Subjects: Gastrointestinal system — Ultrasonic imaging. Endoscopic ultrasonography.
Gilbert-Barness, Enid Spicer, Diane
Publisher: Cambridge University Press
Dewey Decimal Number: 618.3
Subjects: Fetus — Diseases — Diagnosis — Atlases. Human embryo — Diseases — Diagnosis — Atlases. Fetus — Abnormalities — Atlases. Ultrasonics in obstetrics — Atlases. Embryology — Atlases.
Brooks, Adam Connolly, Jim Chan, Otto
Publisher: John Wiley & Sons, Ltd
Subjects: Medical emergencies — Ultrasonic imaging. Emergency medicine — Diagnosis.